Perspectives Digital is a record label for Melodic House & Techno, Progressive House, and Deep House. Based out of Berlin and Los Angeles, it was started in 2010 by Darin Epsilon, and is the imprint of his popular radio show of the same name. Perspectives has been named by Beatport as “one of North America’s leading labels” and releases from the label are continually found within Beatport’s Top 5 releases.
“One of North America’s leading labels” – Beatport
Nominated for “Breakthrough Label” in DJ Mag’s “Best of North America Awards” (2017)
Darin’s mission of continuously releasing high-quality dance music has attributed to the unwavering success of the label and is reflected through the long list of top-notch producers, some of which include (alphabetical): Armen Miran, Betoko, Cid Inc, D-Formation, D-Nox & Beckers, DAVI, Einmusik, Funkagenda, Hernan Cattaneo & Soundexile, Jerome Isma-Ae, John Graham aka Quivver, Marc DePulse, Martin Roth, Nick Muir (Bedrock w/ John Digweed), Petar Dundov, Robert Babicz, Sebastien Leger, Sydney Blu, Wally Lopez, and many more.
Perspectives is involved with various projects that contribute to its success. Music licensing, live events, and remix competitions have assisted in growing the label and expanding its fanbase. Record label showcases are organized and held during the world-renowned events such as Amsterdam Dance Event and Miami Winter Music Conference.
SCOPE OF SUPPLY
We were approached by Darin enquiring about help with social media and marketing strategy for his label. His aim is to rebrand as a Melodic Techno label, sign bigger artists and to increase engagement across his social media platforms, to ultimately result in increased sales. We immediately arranged a call to discuss his requirements in more detail which lead to agreeing on and creating a tailored social media campaign comprising of video content creation for three label releases from Perspectives Digital to include pre-order and release day videos, post release content eg. promo campaign DJ feedback, chart rankings, artists feature interviews or studio guides. In addition to social media content creation we are to work with Darin on a 6 months marketing plan for both himself as an artist and the label.
“My goal is to build the labels following, increase engagement, but not to disconnect with the existing fanbase” – Darin explained.
NO DISTANCE ‘DIAMONDS EP’ INTERVIEW
The 92nd release on Perspectives Digital is by Hungarian duo No Distance (aka Peter Makto & Gregory S) which is also their debut EP on the label. We arranged an interview with Peter and Gregory to discuss the EP and other topics including why they started the No Distance moniker, their current sound and direction, and the state of the Progressive House & Melodic Techno scene in Hungary after COVID-19. The questions were presented in email format, answered on camera and the files were sent back to us unedited to work on the final interview feature.
– convert video files from hlg2100 to rec.709 colour space in Premiere Pro
– import clips to timeline
– reframe subjects to remove background details and fill screen
– edit down questions and answers to a duration around 4 mins
– sourcing b-roll video footage to accompany interview content
– converting b-roll video frame rates to 24fps
– import and edit tracks from the Diamonds EP to use a backing music
– fix interview audio to boost and thicken voices, reduce reverb, remove noise, improve clarity and monitor sound levels
– begin rough sequencing
– primary colour correction
– colour matching interview video clips and b-roll
– colour grading
– secondary colour correction
– create interview sections text animation in Adobe After Effects
– final sequencing
– adding various video transitions and effects to b-roll
– adding audio transitions
– adding label logo and watermark
– exporting project
– over 1,200 views on YouTube
– over 3,100 views on Facebook
– over 1,000 views on Instagram
“Wow, the interview looks fantastic!! Great work putting that together. I’m very impressed with the video content that you’ve put together so far”
– Darin Epsilon [Owner & Founder, Perspectives Digital]
VIDEO SCREEN SHOTS